Daily Detox for a Super You!
Mar 06, 2013
Juicing is an excellent way to combine superfoods to create the powerful dose of nutrients your body needs to unlock a super you. This month, Cosentino’s will present you with healthy juicing recipes that use superfood ingredients purchased at your neighborhood Cosentino’s Market.
- easy to digest and can increase your metabolic rate.
- an easy way to get beneficial enzymes, which are primarily found in raw foods, into the body. Enzymes in fresh fruits and vegetables have the vital role of converting food into body tissue and energy.
- ensures that the body is getting sufficient amounts of phytochemicals, substances in plants that are considered among the most powerful ways to fight disease.
- is high in antioxidants and other immune enhancing properties.
- can help to accelerate recovery from illness and improve or alleviate symptoms.
For our juicing blog we'll be using a Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Deluxe. It is an inexpensive centrifrugal juicer extractor that allows you to add ingredients with their peels and seeds intact.
Jack LaLanne's Daily Detox Juice
A detox a day keeps the doctor away!
Pro tip: We found this recipe to be a bit tart. We recommend adding some agave syrup or honey as a natural sweetener.
- 6 asparagus stalks (trimmed)
- 1/2 lemon (peel intact)
- 1/2 cucumber (peeled)